iPhone is a line of smartphones designed and marketed by Apple Inc. It runs Apple's iOS mobile operating system. The first generation iPhone was released on June 29, 2007; the most recent iPhone models are the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, which were unveiled at a special event on September 9, 2014. The user interface is built around the device's multi-touch screen, including a virtual keyboard. The iPhone has Wi-Fi and can connect to many cellular networks, including 1xRTT and GPRS, EDGE, UMTS and EV-DO, a faster version of UMTS and 4G, and LTE. An iPhone can shoot video, take photos, play music, send and receive email, browse the web, send texts, GPS navigation, record notes, do mathematical calculations, and receive visual voicemail. Other functions—video games, reference works, social networking, etc.—can be enabled by downloading application programs; as of October 2013, the App Store offered more than one million apps by Apple and third parties and is ranked as the world's second largest mobile software distribution network of its kind.
- The top products of the month
- How to: verify your iPhone accessories are Apple certified!
- iPhone Survives 450-Foot Fall From World's Tallest Swing Ride
- iPhone Survives 450-Foot Fall From Amusement Park Swing Ride
- iOS 11.4.1 Blocks Police Access to Your iPhone
- Naming the new iPhone X? Ask MKBHD V30!
- Film show: Getting thrills with just an iPhone
- Happy 10th Birthday, iPhone App Store!