Physical fitness is a general state of health and well-being or specifically the ability to perform aspects of sports or occupations. Physical fitness is generally achieved through correct nutrition, exercise, hygiene and rest. It is a set of attributes or characteristics that people have or achieve that relates to the ability to perform physical activity. Before the industrial revolution, fitness was the capacity to carry out the day’s activities without undue fatigue. However with automation and changes in lifestyles physical fitness is now considered a measure of the body’s ability to function efficiently and effectively in work and leisure activities, to be healthy, to resist hypokinetic diseases, and to meet emergency situations.
- On Twitter, Minister's Fitness Challenge For Indians And These 3 Celebs
- Wednesday Videocast: Scattered storms, eyes on the Gulf
- Dangerous Side Effects Reported From Popular Fitness Trackers
- Local students focus on 'Five Minutes of Fitness'
- Gainesville Health & Fitness: Nutritious Cole Slaw
- Fitness Series: Triathletes
- Some Fitness Tracker Users Reporting Shocking Side Effects
- Fitness trackers being considered for hybrid cardiac rehab program