San Diego Comic-Con International is a multigenre entertainment and comic convention held annually in San Diego, California. It was founded as the Golden State Comic Book Convention in 1970 by a group of San Diegans, which included Shel Dorf, Richard Alf, Ken Krueger and Mike Towry; later, it was called the "San Diego Comic Book Convention". The name, as given on its website, is Comic-Con International: San Diego; but it is commonly known simply as Comic-Con or the San Diego Comic-Con or "SDCC". It is a four-day event held during the summer at the San Diego Convention Center in southern California. On the Wednesday evening prior to the official opening of the event, there is a preview for professionals, exhibitors, and select guests pre-registered for all four days. Also, events such as movie screenings and premiers take place here. Comic-Con International also produces two other conventions, WonderCon, held in Anaheim, California, and the Alternative Press Expo, held in San Francisco.
- Top Stories: Wildfire near Conifer, scooters in Denver, Comic Con
- Top stories: Water World reopens, Longhorn trail closure, Comic Con begins,
- Comic Con Opens In Denver On Friday
- Fortnite, Wolverine & Guardians Of The Galaxy Descend On Denver Comic Con
- Denver Comic Con starts at 10am today