Xbox is a video gaming brand created and owned by Microsoft. It represents a series of video game consoles developed by Microsoft, with three consoles released in the sixth, seventh, and eighth generations respectively. The brand also represents applications, streaming services, and an online service by the name of Xbox Live. The brand was first introduced on November 15, 2001 in the United States, with the launch of the original Xbox console. That original device was the first video game console offered by an American company after the Atari Jaguar stopped sales in 1996. It reached over 24 million units sold as of May 10, 2006. Microsoft's second console, the Xbox 360, was released in 2005 and has sold over 77.2 million consoles worldwide as of April 18, 2013. The successor to the Xbox 360 and Microsoft's most recent console, the Xbox One, was revealed on May 21, 2013. The Xbox One has been released in 21 markets in total, with a Chinese release on 29 September 2014. The head of Xbox is Phil Spencer, who succeeded former head Marc Whitten in late March 2014.
- What Did You Think of the Xbox Conference? - IGN Access
- Xbox’s Exclusives Seem Next-Gen Focused - IGN Daily Fix
- New Xbox Codenamed "Scarlett" Coming in 2020
- Microsoft Xbox Announces 50 New Games at E3
- Inside The Xbox Showcase - IGN Access
- Microsoft’s Xbox Adaptive Controller Is Designed For Gamers With Limited Mobility | Mach
- Microsoft Xbox announces exclusive games and new console